Simply RSS Fetcher
Simply plugin to fetch RSS feed items and put it wherever you want in your WordPress blog.
- Widget ready
- Uses WordPress resources (no extra files needed)
- No options page (yes, it's a feature)
- Multiple widgets (Thanks to Michael Feichtinger)
Drop srssfetcher folder (or even srssfetcher.php) into /wp-content/plugins/ and activate the 'Simply RSS Fetcher' plug in.
If you use WordPress widgets, just drag the widget into your sidebar and configure.
If widgets aren’t your thing, use the following code to display your feeds items:
Simply RSS Fetcher also has several configurable options. Here’s what you can configure:
- srssfetchers('feed', [msgs], [list], [timestamp], [linked], [encode_utf8]);
- feed: the desired RSS feed
- msgs: number of RSS items to display
- list: show RSS items in a unordered list
- timestamp: show a relative timestamp
- linked: make a link (or not) to the post
- encode_utf8:turn it on if you have encoding problems
Only feed is required. The other parameters will take this default values:
- srssfetcher('', 5, true, true, true, false);
This is: 5 feed items, in a unordered list, with timestamps and with a link to each post.
So, if I wanted to show the last 3 posts, not in a list, with timestamps and with no links, I would use the following:
- srssfetchers('feed', 3, false, true, false);
The plug in provides the following CSS classes:
- ul.srssfetcher: the main ul (if list is activated)
- li.srssfetcher-item: the ul items (if list is activated)
- p.srssfetcher-message: each one of the paragraphs (if msgs > 1)
- .srssfetcher-timestamp: the timestamp span class
- a.srssfetcher-link: the link class
- srssfetcher('http://ww2.heute-online.ch/heute/ticker/rss/ticker.xml', 5, false, true, true);
- No feed items.
1.2 - 2008/04/08
- Now using human_time_diff() instead own function: better performance, less code and automagically i18n!
1.1.1 - 2008/04/03
- Fixed (hopefully) the encoding issues.
1.0.1 - 2008/03/6
- Fixed little (seriously, very little) glitches
1.0 - 2008/02/29
- Initial Release
- Ronald Heft - The plugin is highly based in his Pownce for WordPress, so the major part of the credits goes to him.
- Michael Feichtinger - Contributed the multi-widget feature code
Maybe you could be interested in my other plugins: Code